Happy Tasty Tuesday friends 🙂
It’s been awhile since I’ve taken the time to bake! But man, I have found a delicious banana bread to make up for it. What else are you to do with overripe bananas and fresh picked blueberries from an Oregon backyard?
Make it your own, add oats to the crumble topping! Or nuts to the bread! Let me know what you liked best and what you changed for yourself!
- 3 large, overripe bananas
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup apple sauce (about one of those individual snack cups)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/3 granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup melted non-dairy butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Oven at 350. Bread pan spray or grease with non-dairy butter, or if you trust your nonstick go with that
- In large bowl, mash bananas, add lemon juice, apple sauce, agave, and vanilla. Mixy mixy until it’s all nice and mostly smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and soda, salt).
- Add dry ingredients to large bowl, mixing slowly, sure to get it all mixed up. No one likes flour clumps!
- Gently fold in blueberries, pour into greased bread pan.
- For crumble topping: mix sugars, salt, cinnamon, and melted non-dairy butter until smooth. Add in flour and mixy mixy, again no one likes flour clumps ;P Then add it evenly over top of the loaf.
- Bake for 50-60 mins, until crumble is golden and a toothpick comes out clean.